- Invitation Mixte 5.10b, Grand Canyon, Md'A ("retro" flash)
"The gear can be finicky in places and of course the best placements corresponded to some of the best holds. Lots of small gear; I protected the crux with a #00 C3 that I did not want to fall on. "
- L'envers de l'arete 5.10b, L'hippocampe Md'A (near onsight)
"I had seen this climb a year or so ago but at the time I knew I was not ready. The climb starts as a gently overhanging, wide hands to fists, crack in a left facing corner and finishes up a small slab to a mossy top out."
- Pas de Face 5.10c, Mont Condor, Val David (onsight)
"The mental crux for me was the switch over from bolts to small cams. Five feet or so above the last bolt I placed a #0.4 BD C4 although a #0.5 would go there too. At this point you must commit to a left traverse on a small horizontal for your hands and not the greatest feet, small edges and smears."
- Breakfast Cookie 5.10b, Calabogie (onsight)
"I had heard some talk of it being harder than 5.10b; although it did not look too bad from the ground. As it turned out, I got the onsight."Pi
For new trad routes there is still lots of opportunity at Md'A. I have lead about 60 different routes of all types and grades at Md'A but there is still lots to do. Looking through the book I compiled a list for 2013:
- All routes at Supercrackspot - not a lot info out there on this place - a few notes on the Internet about the grades being sandbagged.
- A return to Vertigineux for Llaria Apli 5.10- and Le Rocket 5.8+.
All three crack lines at Mousqutaires 5.9+ to 10c.(May 4th, one is too dirty)
- La Saint-Georges 5.10b, Antre du Dragon.
- Last Call 5.10d, Grand Canyon.
- Hike up to Boite a surprise for Piccolo 5.10b and La gardienne 5.8.
- A long overdue return to the M&M wall for Lezadomachos 5.9+, Psychoface 5.10d and No sympathy 5.10d.
Stop making excuses and try L'hippocampe 5.10b. (onsight in early Sept) While I'm there send L'envers de l'arete cleanly. Return to Le Fou to send Coeur vaillant 5.10b; (returned but no send) I took my first fall on a green C3 the first time around. There is also L'entonnoir 5.9+ to the right as well.
- Finally, finish off Colonel Kirtz 5.10a without grabbing the root at the top.